- To deliver and ensure a high standard of learning, development and care for the children who attend The Childcare Academy, in line with Early Years Foundation Stages (EYFS) and Ofsted requirements.
- To manage the day to day activities at The Childcare Academy
- To ensure that the nursery is a safe environment for children, staff and others.
- To develop partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child’s development.
- To manage other staff in the nursery.
- To ensure all staff understand and work to nursery policies and procedures
- Take responsibility for planning, which ensures each child is working towards the early learning goals
- To organise and participate in the key person system
- To conduct staff appraisals and supervisions as appropriate and to identify staff training needs
- To oversee the maintenance of records following the policies and procedures of the company
- NNEB Diploma
- Key Skills COM L2
- CCLD Technical L3
- Adult Numeracy L2
- L3 Award in English for literacy and language teaching
- IQA L4
- Management L4
- E&D L2
- Paediatric First Aid
- ICT L2
- Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Safer Recruitment
- Prevention and control of infection
- Psychological first aid
- Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Fire Safety Principles
- Safety handling of medication
- Food safety awareness
- Health and Safety in the workplace
Reading, swimming, family walks, family holidays.
Why I love my vocation
I have worked in the childcare and education industry for 27 years, having started working in a nursery at 18. It’s true to say that I’m passionate about child development. Knowing that I have been an instrumental part of a child’s health, welfare and development gives me great pride in what I do. I love to witness children grow and develop as I play and interact with them. It’s rewarding to see children achieve their early learning goals, knowing that I have supported them in their achievements. For these reasons, I have enjoyed working with children and young people for years.